POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does my pic render so looooong??? : Re: Why does my pic render so looooong??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does my pic render so looooong???
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 22 Sep 2004 13:34:18
Message: <4151b79a$1@news.povray.org>
> Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage
> Bounding Box              349230262435       540399421      0.15

> Do you see anything, which explains the looooong time?

I could be wrong, but 0.15 percentage of successful bounding box tests
looks like a bounding problem to me. Apart from manual bounding, these
are often caused by differences: Check the ones in your scene (you don't
need many to slow things down a lot) and try to bound them manually. Or
check if some methods/tips mentioned in the Holes Tutorial
(http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/holetut/index.htm) help (render the image
in a low resolution with no antialiasing to test these methods). The
tutorial also explains what's the problem with differences in POV-Ray.

If none of that helps, I usually try to spot the problem by removing
things from the scene step by step until I find out which objects slow
the render down a lot. Once you found these, it's often a lot easier to
pin down the problem.

HTH,
Florian
--
Minimum Requirement #8: Emacs is for experts. Joe is for beginners. VI
is a disease. (WEB.DE help-wanted ad: Linux Guru)