POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does my pic render so looooong??? : Re: Why does my pic render so looooong??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does my pic render so looooong???
From: GreyBeard
Date: 20 Sep 2004 22:38:44
Message: <414f9434$1@news.povray.org>
"frozen" <fro### [at] thefrozenno-ipcom> wrote in message
> Hey Greybeard,
>
> thank you very much for your efforts on testing it! I don't have any idea,
> what might cause these very slow renderings. I guess, I will have to do
> some more tests, when the picture it's rendering now is done.. This will
> still take a while.. 1d2h working, 43% reached... :-(

One more test, well, two actually.  Arbre with grass and trees remmed out,
19 sec.
Original file as downloaded, 33 min 6 sec,
Win2k, 2.6 ghz Pentium 4c, 1 gig memory.  P-4c has the 800mhz buss, again
rendered 800 X 600 AA 0.3

POV-Ray 3.5 though, don't remember which version you're running.

Greybeard