POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cutting irregular holes?! : Re: cutting irregular holes?! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cutting irregular holes?!
From: Alain
Date: 20 Sep 2004 22:17:07
Message: <414f8f23@news.povray.org>
frozen nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-09-14 05:59... :

>Dear Mike,
>
>thanks a lot for this hint! It is quite hard to do it this way with Moray,
>since it seems to have problems when the scene gets "full" (objects are
>invisible, if another object is behind (!) them).. But it works great, once
>it works! I hope, it is possible, to fill the cut area with some other CSGs
>and primitives, to build the window glass pieces... At these ages, it
>wasn't possible to create large glass pieces, to fill a complete window
>with one piece... I'm afraid, this will be my next question.
>
>I'm afraid, I will have to do my scene in pure Povray code, since I finished
>approx. 10% of it and Moray already has problems.. This might be the death
>of my idea.. :-(
>
>Thankful greetings,
>
>frozen

To fill up your window, I'd start with a simple box with a glass texture
and ior, with possibly some normal perturbations. Then, I use narow and
long boxes or cylinders to make the window's framework. Those can
probably exeede the size of the window, as they'll be hiden inside the
surrounding wall, unless you want to open the window.

Alain