POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d spline path editor? : Re: 3d spline path editor? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d spline path editor?
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 20 Sep 2004 09:51:38
Message: <414ee06a$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the replies. None of these suggestions are really what I'm
looking for, though.
I'll explain a little further what I'm trying to do. Chris Colefax's Spline
macro has an option called Pipe Spline, which allows you to make a smooth
worm-like object using a spline. The problem is it has to be either a cubic,
bezier, or hermite spline, all of which use "control points", so the spline
doesn't simply follow a path from point to point. It is very difficult and
tedious to try to get a specific shape this way. I spent a couple hours with
it and never did get it shaped the way I wanted it. I thought maybe if there
were a program that, for instance, you could create a hermite spline, see it
in 3d, move a control point with the mouse, and see the result. Dream on?
Steve Shelby