POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition submission : Re: Competition submission Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:02:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition submission
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Sep 2004 16:41:00
Message: <414deedc@news.povray.org>
In article <414de760@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   I wonder if it would be a good idea to add something in the lines of
> requiring the quality of the image not having been destroyed too much
> by the JPEG compression.

That should be a obvious responsibility of the author.  All programs that
create JPGE files ask for quality settings, so it should be very clear that
authors check their quality settings before they submit an image.  It is
easy to try out after all.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde