POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d spline path editor? : Re: 3d spline path editor? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d spline path editor?
From: Alain
Date: 19 Sep 2004 11:27:43
Message: <414da56f$1@news.povray.org>
Steve Shelby nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-09-19 09:34... :

>Is there a program available that allows you to place points for a 3d
>spline, showing what the spline path looks like, and allowing you to move
>points to see how that changes it? I've done a lot of searching, and have
>come up with nothing, except for people discussing the possibilities.
>Steve Shelby

#local SplineLowBound=0;//Change to suit you scene
#local SplineHighBound=10;//Same
#declare MySpline=[spline deffinition]
#local I=SplineLowBound;
union{
    #while(i<=SplineHighBound)// this loop make you travel along the spline
        sphere{MySpline[I],0.1}
       #local I=I+1;//Change to adjust the number of steps shown
    #end
pigment{rgb 1}
}

This will place 10 small white spheres along your spline.

Alain