POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Too many nested objects : Re: Too many nested objects Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many nested objects
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Sep 2004 08:04:14
Message: <414d75be$1@news.povray.org>
>   You might want to rework your particle system so that if there is more
> than 100 particles one inside another, not all of them are actually
> instantiated (it wouldn't make any difference in the image anyways).

Not really possible. Particles can be animated using Macros, additionally,
several particle systems might run at a given time. Tracking all their sizes
and positions doesn't seem feasible. And the workaround should be tailored
to the actual scene, instead of just removing particles on a general basis.
In my case, I just used fewer particles and made them less transparent,
works fine for this scene.

That aside, how do discs add up to the nesting? They've only got one
surface.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>