POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System
From: Rune
Date: 19 Sep 2004 04:33:21
Message: <414d4451@news.povray.org>
Jellby wrote:
> By the way, did you (Rune) take into account sound retardation (the
> time it takes for the sound to reach the observer)? For this, you'd
> need the speed of sound, which I suggest should be an adjustable
> variable and given in pov units, this also affects the Doppler effect.

This is already the case. In my example code posted in p.b.a you may notice
this line:
sound_set_dobbler_velocity(100)

> Another thought: the "microphone" doesn't have to be the same as the
> camera ;-)

You currently control this with the macro
sound_set_listener(camera_location,camera_forward,camera_up)

...and indeed you can provide it with data which doesn't match that of the
camera.

Rune