POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : non-mesh meshes : Re: non-mesh meshes Server Time
2 Jun 2024 17:50:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-mesh meshes
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 18 Sep 2004 20:36:17
Message: <414cd481$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in message
news:+7jz### [at] econymdemoncouk...

> A sphere only has 4 degrees of freedom, so you could place a sphere so
> that it intersected the three vertices of the triangle, and matched ONE
> of the vertex normals. That would then uniquely define the sphere. The
> other two vertex normals would not match except in a few specific
> situations.

Ahhh...  I didn't realize that each vertex had a normal.  I guess I need to
learn more about smooth meshes/triangles.  Now I guess I'll have to start
thinking about using iso-surfaces, in which case, I think I'm going to stop
thinking.

Thanks for the answer.

--
Jeremy