POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Too many nested objects : Too many nested objects Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:50:50 EDT (-0400)
  Too many nested objects
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 18 Sep 2004 14:22:45
Message: <414c7cf5$1@news.povray.org>
I just got this error. I'm not complaining about it as it surely has a
reason to be there, still, a few questions:

-How many objects may I nest and in which circumstances do they count?
Knowing something more specific would help in testing for a workaround.

-Does max_trace_level also affect the depth of rays through nested objects?
If so, wouldn't it be possible to somehow raise the limit for nested objects
to a value that would work with max_trace_level 256 (POV's trace-cap, which
is sufficient IMHO)?

My line of thought is simply that, if I specify a max_trace_level, I'd
rather expect black spots instead of chickening out on a render. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"