POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unhandled Exceptions... : Unhandled Exceptions... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Unhandled Exceptions...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 16 Sep 2004 06:55:43
Message: <4149712f$1@news.povray.org>
I've recently run into some troubles with POV-Ray 3.6.1 for Windows on
Win2000, and I'm quiet confused as POV-Ray 3.5 didn't have this problem.

I know that programs don't like it when you try to use parameters or
variables that haven't been declared before. But in 3.5 days, POV-Ray would
just mark the line and tell me: "Hey, you stupid fool, you haven't
initialized this *thingy* here, how should I know what it's supposed to be,
float, vector, what?"

Now, POV-Ray crashes with an unhandled exception and I have to force-close
it using the taskbar as POV-Ray doesn't budge anymore. It depends on a few
seemingly random factors, like if I used some macros before or loaded
Include-Files, and I'm trying to properly pinpoint it. Anyways, anyone
notice this odd behaviour, or is it just me?

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"