POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : viewing the inside of csg_box.pov example : viewing the inside of csg_box.pov example Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  viewing the inside of csg_box.pov example
From: tec
Date: 13 Sep 2004 10:28:24
Message: <4145ae88$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Everyone,
    I am executing the csg_box example with no errors. I have modified the
exampleto use a mesh2 in place of the box because I want to take the
difference of the box (mesh2) and a sphere so I can see the inside triangles
of the box. I want to be able to see the inside of the boxes' triangles
(mesh2) after I cut away the sphere. I don't want to see the curved slice
that the sphere made. Currently, I see the background through the sliced
hole but I really want to see the inside of the box (mesh2).

I am using the difference function. Does this function use the stencil
buffer? Is there a way to get the vertices back after I cut a chuck out of
the box?

Here is my code:
// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: mesh2.pov
// Vers: 3.5
// Desc: mesh2 demonstration scene
// Date: November/December 2001
// Auth: Christoph Hormann

// -w320 -h240
// -w512 -h384 +a0.3

//#version 3.5;

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }

light_source { <-10, 3, -20> color red 1 green 1 blue 1 }

camera {
   location  <0, 0, -8>
   direction <0, 0, 1.2071>
   look_at   <0, 0, 0>