POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Artifacts : Re: Artifacts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artifacts
From: Slime
Date: 10 Sep 2004 19:13:02
Message: <414234fe$1@news.povray.org>
> The above code produces two lines of artifacts across the torus for me.
> Anyone else see this problem and better yet do you know how I can fix it?

The math necessary for rendering a torus tends to be pretty sensitive and
can create artifacts sometimes. To switch to a different method of
intersection calculation, use the keyword "sturm" in your torus. This should
be more accurate and in your case I believe it fixes the problem.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]