POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
8 Sep 2024 23:54:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Josh
Date: 9 Sep 2004 04:43:02
Message: <41401796$1@news.povray.org>
> The error occurs before rendering starts.
> While leaving a potential bug or misunderstanding without resolving it
> isn't usually something I do, I've decided that I'm just going to make my
> own approximation to a human, using merged sphered in Moray.  If it's just
> going to be a whispy ghost, it doesn't have to look very good when solid.

You might be hitting the same problem I had.  Heres the code I used.  Note
that the sphere is much bigger than the Knight object and this gives it room
to be turbulated.  The Knight object was just a simple CSG object.

#declare myObject =  object { Knight  rotate <0,-45*2,0> };
 sphere {
        <0,0,0>,
        10
        scale <1,2,1>
        texture { pigment { Clear } }
        //texture { pigment { rgbt <1,0,0,1> } }
        hollow
        interior        {
          media   {
                  emission rgb (White*.5) //.3
                                scattering {1, 3}
                                intervals 15 // default is 10
                                samples 1,10   // default is 1,1
                                method 3    // 3 was the default to be used
                                density {
                                        pigment_pattern {object {myObject 0,
1}}
                                        color_map {[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]}