POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : uv_mapping around a box : Re: uv_mapping around a box Server Time
2 Jun 2024 16:57:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping around a box
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 7 Sep 2004 12:30:13
Message: <413de215@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote in message
>> For any non-square box, that seems like a real pain.  I think I'll just
> map
>> the images onto each face of the box by creating each face separately and
>> not using uv_mapping.  That actually sounds easier to me than stretching
> my
>> images in strange ways.
>
> Another option would be to define the textures for each face separately in
> the <0,0> to <1,1> area, and then scale them and translate them to the
> right
> place and composite all 6 into a single texture, which would be UV-mapped.

If I understand correctly, you're saying to do all of the scaling and
translation in POV-Ray.  How would you code a texture like that (with
image_map's)?  I can think of a possible way to do it by using "once" and
then translating each occurrence and layering the textures.  Is that what
you have in mind?  In theory, it seems like that would work.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com