POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : uv_mapping around a box : uv_mapping around a box Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  uv_mapping around a box
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 5 Sep 2004 13:25:49
Message: <413b4c1d$1@news.povray.org>
I've read the documentation on uv_mapping around a box, and I thought it
made perfect sense.  Then I tried it, and I'm apparently missing quite a
bit.

Here's my situation:

box {0, <5,3,2>}

and I have an image where each 100 pixels is one unit, and it is layed out
like the documentation shows (I think).  Basically, then I'm left with a
1400x700 image (in x direction: 200+500+200+500, in y direction:
200+300+200) layed out in the wrap-around shape that the documentation
shows.

I can't figure out how to get that to map onto the box.  I've tried some
experimentation, but the scaling and translations aren't making any sense to
me at this point.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com