POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animating isosurfaces : Re: Animating isosurfaces Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animating isosurfaces
From: Jessie K  Blair
Date: 5 Sep 2004 09:43:27
Message: <413b17ff@news.povray.org>
The water is contained within an object called Tank; I'm simply trying to
create motion surface for a more realistic fish tank animation.  Right now
the tank is the size of a 10 gallon, (20, 12, 10) with a glass thickness of
0.25 (Thus the Inner and Outer Width, Depth, and Height)  Here's the SDL:

// Water motion
#declare f_mwaves = function {
        pattern {
                waves
                phase clock
        }
}
#declare Water = intersection {
#declare Min_factor = 0.6;
        isosurface {
                function { y - f_mwaves(x, 0, z) }
                contained_by { box { -.5 * TankInnerWidth, .5 *
TankInnerWidth } }
                //evaluate 1.939*Min_factor,
sqrt(1.939/(1.939*Min_factor)),  0.7
                translate y * (TankInnerHeight - 1)
        }
        box {
                <-(.5 * TankInnerWidth), TankThickness, -(.5 *
TankInnerDepth)>
                <(.5 * TankInnerWidth), (TankOuterHeight + .1), (.5 *
TankInnerDepth)>
        }
        texture {
                pigment{ rgbf 1 }
                finish {
                        reflection {0.3, 1 fresnel}
                        conserve_energy
                        ambient 0
                        diffuse 0
                }
        }
        interior {
                ior 1.33
                media { absorption <.3, .4, .7> }
        }
        hollow off
}

I was playing with evaluate for the max_gradient problem, but it didn't fix
it so I commented it out.