POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animating isosurfaces : Animating isosurfaces Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Animating isosurfaces
From: Jessie K  Blair
Date: 5 Sep 2004 00:43:17
Message: <413a9965$1@news.povray.org>
I'm running into an interesting issue with isosurface animation in 3.6

I've tried using phase, frequency, waves, bumps, and ripples in myriad ways
to simulate the motion of water for an isosurface, but no matter what I do,
the isosurface comes up with ugly, blocky plateaus usually right in the
middle of the animation.  Is there a way to animate an isosurface without
this problem?  Right now I'm trying to simply translate the wave pattern,
but it's simple unrealistic and severely limited.