POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Floyd : Re: Floyd Server Time
30 Apr 2024 09:07:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floyd
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 3 Sep 2004 15:06:11
Message: <4138c0a3@news.povray.org>

news:41378ee1$1@news.povray.org...
> What do you guys think about the entry, Floyd.  It looks like a photograph
> to me, and while this usually is a high praise, I think it might actually
be
> a photograph.  The water definitely looks like it could come out of
POV-Ray
> but together with the flamingo and the reflections, I have my doubts.
> Adding to my suspicions is the lack of description in the text file and no
> source.  The author claims its POV but he's going to take a hit on scoring
> simply because of the lack of explanation.  Any thoughts on this?

He posted this image and variations of it in the French newsgroup newsgroup
news://news.zoo-logique.org/3D.Pov-Ray. Search for a message by "Laf" posted
on August 13. He says that the flamingo is a 3DS model from a royalty-free
CD, converted with Poseray. One of the image variations shows a typical
POV-Ray bozo sky and the flamingo is seen in slightly different positions,
so there's no much doubt it's 100% POV-Ray.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com