POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New User, question about mesh duplication. : Re: New User, question about mesh duplication. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New User, question about mesh duplication.
From: Doppelganger
Date: 3 Sep 2004 08:03:49
Message: <41385da5@news.povray.org>
I'd just make a define_once keyword. So if you did something like #declare
myobj box {<0,0,0>, <1,1,1> define_once}, it would know that all
substitutions of myobj would point to the same representation of the object.

thanks for the transform explanation, warp. I've spent 3 years studying
advanced maths, so the actual transformation matrix issue isn't a problem.
just the trick on the inverse. quite smart! :)