POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New User, question about mesh duplication. : Re: New User, question about mesh duplication. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New User, question about mesh duplication.
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 1 Sep 2004 19:53:33
Message: <413660fd$1@news.povray.org>
>   This is how mesh duplication works: [...]
>   This exact same principle could be applied to any object, not just
> meshes. (The reason why POV-Ray does not do exactly this are different,
> and perhaps partially historical.)

I always wondered why POV does not do the same with "normal"
primitives/csg objects. Are there any technical reasons aside from the
historical ones you mention?

Florian
--
If all goes well, you should see an ugly, loathsome, repulsive,
deformed window manager called twm, probably the smallest window