POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Josh
Date: 1 Sep 2004 11:37:46
Message: <4135ecca@news.povray.org>
> After attempting your code, I can see that there is definitely some sort
of
> problem with using the object pattern in a density block. It doesn't seem
> accept any LIST_ITEM_A/B values as "3.5.11.23  Object Pattern" in the
> documentation says it should, and if you don't specify anything then it
says
> "missing pigment".

Yep, thats one of the errors that made me think it was my syntax

> I'm not sure if this is intended behavior. Regardless, it can be worked
> around with a pigment_pattern:
>
> density {
>     pigment_pattern {object {myObject 0, 1}}
>     color_map {[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]}
> }

Ah - ha! "pigment_pattern" is a new one on me.  There's so much to learn.

Thanks very much for you help it is appreciated.  If you add ...

                                        warp {
                                             turbulence <0,3,0>
                                             }

... to the density block, you'll see what I was attempting.

I was inspired by an image someone posted here that used media filled chess
pieces for a "Hollographic" look.

I want to try the same but have the media vaporise when the board gets shut
down.  It could be a mighty cool animation.