POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Slime
Date: 1 Sep 2004 11:24:23
Message: <4135e9a7$1@news.povray.org>
> Thanks for your help so far Slime, but neither of the examples you've
> suggested has hit the nail on the head as it were.
> I've included the scene below, hoping you can see the obvious thing I've
> missed...  Run it to see the current syntax problem...

After attempting your code, I can see that there is definitely some sort of
problem with using the object pattern in a density block. It doesn't seem to
accept any LIST_ITEM_A/B values as "3.5.11.23  Object Pattern" in the
documentation says it should, and if you don't specify anything then it says
"missing pigment".

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior. Regardless, it can be worked
around with a pigment_pattern:

density {
    pigment_pattern {object {myObject 0, 1}}
    color_map {[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]}
}

Which allows your scene to render.

 - Slime