POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Slime
Date: 1 Sep 2004 10:16:26
Message: <4135d9ba$1@news.povray.org>
> density {
>     object { myObject 0,1 }
>         }

First off, make sure that's within a media {} block. Second, it may be
necessary to use "rgb 0" and "rgb 1" instead of just "0" and "1" (though I'm
not sure that that's the case).

> ...  I just keep getting various sytax checking errors with everything I
> try?

What error are you getting?

Here is what I would try:

#declare myObject = ... // you seem to have this part correctly already

sphere { // media container
    0, 5
    pigment {rgbt 1} // clear
    interior {
        media {
            scattering {1, 1.0} // or emission or absorption or whatever you
want
            density {
                object {myObject}
                warp {turbulence .3}
                scale 2
                // whatever else
            }
        }
    }
    hollow // necessary for media to show up
}

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]