POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "New Surface Subdivision Suite" examples : Re: "New Surface Subdivision Suite" examples Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:40:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "New Surface Subdivision Suite" examples
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 30 Aug 2004 19:05:16
Message: <4133b2ac@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>

>> Here's some results from my latest experiments with
>> John VanSickle's "New Surface Subdivision Suite":
>> http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/nsss.htm
>

> I'd like to point out that My April 2004 IRTC entry
> has a pair of aliens that use the same subdivision
> surfaces as well.  Also, one of my two Jan 2004 entries
> has a simple subdivided model as well.

I just had a look at it. Nice !

> These things get a whole lot easier to use when you
> have a modeler (and the two models in the IRTC were made
> using the modeler I've developed).

"Programming" images is the way for me. - so I'll
see if I can find ways to use macros to generate
the vertices for the subdivisions.

> Now that I've got uv-mapping working right (I think :-)
> I might update the look of the Greb, and make one or
> two more alien races.

I don't understand how one can do UV-mapping on
surfaces with arbitrary topology. - I'll have to
read your documentation more thoroughly.

Btw.: Is there a way to make "inner" edges as sharp
as outer edges ? (See attached image.) I have tried
to specify sharp values for such "inner" edges, but
they don't seem get sharp at all.

Please explain.

--
Tor Olav