POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image_map transparent color interracts with fog : Re: Image_map transparent color interracts with fog Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image_map transparent color interracts with fog
From: Slime
Date: 30 Aug 2004 18:13:54
Message: <4133a6a2$1@news.povray.org>
> Unfortunately, in my case his hollow statement did not change the result,
> the transparent area through the fog still become translucent with the
> fog's color ;-(

It seems strange to me that a transparent object would change the appearance
of fog. The fog against the background should look the same as the fog
against the background through the transparent object.

However, if you're using *turbulence* in your fog, then that's the problem.
The fog turbulence effect is caused by a simple calculation which doesn't
actually simulate a continuous density function in 3D space. Against
transparent objects, the turbulence calculations come up with different
results than if the objects weren't there, causing the fog to appear
turbulated a different amount over the transparent object than against the
background next to it.

If this is the problem you're facing, then you have two options as I see it:

 - remove the turbulence in your fog
 - replace the fog with media (and sacrifice render time)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]