POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dust : Re: Dust Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dust
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 29 Aug 2004 13:17:05
Message: <41320F90.6BC3A69A@sdsmt.edu>
I have no Idea how this would be done without using lots of tiny particles,
and even then Icouldn't give you much of an Idea of how to write such a macro.

Maybe you should try Megapov's Mechsim function, it might give you the desired
effect.  you could write a recursive distribution macro.  something that would
randomly distribute the particles throughout a given area (translate <randx,
vector_supplied_by_mechsim+particle_radius, randz>).

I don't know, maybe this is totally crazy, I haven't worked much with
MegaPov.  But the only other thing I can think of is writing your own gravity
sim to make the distributed particles fall until the trace macro detects a
surface.

A.D.B.