POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... : Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
From: Rune
Date: 29 Aug 2004 10:02:58
Message: <4131e212@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> I apologise for the tone of Thorsten's reply. Please understand that
> we all get a bit frustrated sometimes. Working on a raytracer as
> complicated as ours is a bit of a balancing act - fixing one problem
> sometimes introduces others and no matter what we do folks will be
> unhappy ;-(

Yeah, this conversation should be seen in the light that developers and
users alike can both get frustrated, and we're all human.

I truly appreciate the Team's effort in continuously improving POV-Ray, and
even my reply to Thorsten should not be seen as a personal attack, but just
as a comment to the tone of the specific reply he posted here.

> We do what we can and sometimes it just doesn't work out the way
> folks want. As for this problem we will discuss it internally to see
> if there is a way around it (no promises).

That's very nice to hear! :)

Best regards,

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com