POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... : Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
From: andrel
Date: 29 Aug 2004 06:19:11
Message: <4131AD54.5040204@hotmail.com>
Chris Cason wrote:

>>I *am* dreaming - of a POV-Ray where certain developers wouldn't have so
>>much of a "we know better, so mind your own business" kind of attitude.
>

> I apologise for the tone of Thorsten's reply.
You do not have to, (nearly) everbody here has seen how Thorsten
replies in general. I (and again most of us here I guess) assume
that he is just a bit unlucky in the way he responds and is probably
a nice guy when you meet him IRL.
> Please understand that we all get a bit frustrated sometimes.
we do.
> Working on a raytracer as complicated as ours
> is a bit of a balancing act - fixing one problem sometimes introduces others
> and no matter what we do folks will be unhappy ;-(
I think it is a beautiful example of how fixing one bug introduces
unwanted side effects elsewhere. Do you mind if I use it as an example?

> We do what we can and sometimes it just doesn't work out the way folks want.
> As for this problem we will discuss it internally to see if there is a way
> around it (no promises).
Thanx in advance.