POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Boned mesh file formats? : Re: Boned mesh file formats? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boned mesh file formats?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 28 Aug 2004 13:24:02
Message: <4130bfb2$1@news.povray.org>
I did this **in povray** for this anim:
(6 MB download:  http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/anims/2004-04-15/ought.mpg )

I used Mike William's file for extruding a mesh along a spline.  I had
another walk cycle which generated the points of the skeleton, then simply
put a natural spline along them. Mike Williams then generates the mesh 2.
See also smaller anims at:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3C4088703a%40news.povray.org%3E/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3C4036deea%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=197897&toff=50

So I think it is tres cool to keep it all in povray.

The Next Big Thing in this arena would of course to go beyond the "walking
worm" to the "walking pair of pants."  That is, have some code which
provides for a smooth leg-hip-otherleg.