POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... : Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
From: Rune
Date: 27 Aug 2004 17:07:09
Message: <412fa27d@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> That's right if you use gamma correction purely for the purpose it is
> intended for (i.e. for compensating the monitor gamma).  A lot of
> people however use it for artistic purposes just like the clipping.

But that's not what it is intended for! This is not the sole reason we are
facing the jagged edge problem now, is it? If *anything* is an "artistic
trick" then using gamma correction for the purpose you describe would surely
be it!

Slime made a good and well-worded suggestion on how the process could work,
and your only reply is to point out that it would break scenes where gamma
correction is used incorrectly (or as an artistic trick at least)?

This goes completely against your own argument in other posts... I don't get
it.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com