POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... : Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 27 Aug 2004 12:20:02
Message: <412f5f32$1@news.povray.org>
>>Images with focal blur have jagged edges at the exact distance of the focal
>>point.
>   Can you show me a concrete example?

	Warp - it seems you were not convinced by the examples I presented
somewhere else (although very specific, I admit, but the point is to show
there is _indeed_ a problem in the sharpest parts).

	I also agree with what Rune says about this particular point.  I may
post a small patch to 3.6.1 which re-enables antialiasing method 2 together
with focal-blur, for people to judge the effect on their own scenes.

	- NC