POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Boned mesh file formats? : Re: Some answers Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some answers
From: Rune
Date: 27 Aug 2004 05:06:40
Message: <412ef9a0$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> Yes. Your format and the game-related formats I was looking at seem
> to have in common that each vertex is attached to one bone only, not
> multiple bones, each with a weight of influence.

Actually the Unreal skeletal model format does have multiple-bone influence
on vertices, as it can be seen in this document:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/SkeletalSetup

My guess is that any serious skeletal mesh format that is under active
development will end up supporting this. Having each vertex attached to one
bone only simply is too restrictive.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com