POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Slime
Date: 26 Aug 2004 13:28:15
Message: <412e1daf@news.povray.org>
> I want to build a "object" shape for the media so that I can
turbulate(real
> word?) it.

Ah.

> I've tried writing it as a pigment function, that can be used in a density
> statement, is that the wrong way of going about it?
>
> i.e.
>
> declare myObject
> declare myPigment, using myObject
> declare myFunction using myPigment
> create a sphere with interior media using myFunction as function for
> density.

That should work fine, though the creation of myPigment seems unnecessary
when you can simply use myObject directly as a pattern for the density. (I'm
pretty sure you can do just about anything to a density that you can do to a
pigment.)

Did you make the sphere (and all other surrounding objects) "hollow"?

If so, I don't know if we can help you without seeing any code.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]