POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Josh
Date: 26 Aug 2004 08:28:38
Message: <412dd776$1@news.povray.org>
> That should work fine. If it's not working it's probably for some other
> reason.
>
> If I were you, I'd consider, why are you using an object{} density pattern
> when you could just use the object as the container for the media itself?
>
> Do you *have* a media container? If not, you should; otherwise it's likely
> that the rays are going so far into the distance that they're just not
> sampling the area where the visible media resides.

I want to build a "object" shape for the media so that I can turbulate(real
word?) it.

The shape is/was contained in a larger sphere.

From what you say it seems that I may be having a syntax problem.

I've tried writing it as a pigment function, that can be used in a density
statement, is that the wrong way of going about it?

i.e.

declare myObject
declare myPigment, using myObject
declare myFunction using myPigment
create a sphere with interior media using myFunction as function for
density.