POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GUI color/gradient picker for POVRay. : Re: GUI color/gradient picker for POVRay. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GUI color/gradient picker for POVRay.
From: Ross
Date: 24 Aug 2004 17:13:02
Message: <412baf5e$1@news.povray.org>
"Allen" <bri### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > but note that using <nomail@nomail> through Web Interface is not
something
> > which could convince some wary users from downloading anonymous binary
> > application.
>
> Sorry about that.  I'm new this this particular board here.
>
> Also, the application uses a customized color picker (because I don't like
> the ones with most systems).  Three gradient bars are available for red,
> green, and blue, each showing any color you can get by adjusting to
> corresponding slider.
>
> Again the download source is http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/povcolor

a little help within the program might be usefull. i tried it quickly just
to see what it looked like. With the gradient feature, i clicked on the
autofile button, specified a name, and it didn't create the file. but
strangely, in the recent documents menu or the windows start menu, that
filename appeared. clicking on it failed to find it though.

i'd go with a more standard File->Save or File->Export method.

also, in the color picker, clicking in the red, green or blue color column
doesn't move the marker there, only clicking and dragging moves the marker.

and one last think i noticed, with "Add to custom colors" the colors aren't
preserved after closing and restarting the program.

other than that, nice work. it looks good.