POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Anonymity : Anonymity Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Anonymity
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Aug 2004 11:22:09
Message: <412b5d21$1@news.povray.org>
Since we don't know the makeup of the judging panel, it's hard to be
anything more than speculative on this matter.

Anyway, I was wondering how the artist could reasonably remain anonymous.  I
suppose in some cases, where the artist doesn't hang around in this
newsgroup, he/she could remain anonymous.  But for the rest of us, it seems
like the judges may have a fairly good idea of who is submitting what,
unless the artist creates almost all new objects or only reuses objects that
are openly available to everyone (and doesn't display any WIP's to p.b.i.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I were to put together a scene
with, say, one of my radios (from Radio Graves), it could be reasonably
clear to the judges that it was me (assuming they remember/care about
anything I do).  Perhaps that's not the best example, though, since I
provide the source code to radios.  I suppose this also assumes that if I
did use a radio, I would have to mention it in my corresponding text to the
effect, "Used Jeremy M. Praay's Philco 60B radio," in order to remain
anonymous (as opposed to saying "Used one of my previously created radios").

Or...  Am I concerned too much with anonymity?  Is it really not that big of
a deal?

Just something I've been wondering about...

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com