POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New version of POV-Ray available? : Re: New version of POV-Ray available? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version of POV-Ray available?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Aug 2004 02:54:10
Message: <412ae612@news.povray.org>

<jbe### [at] ifrancecom> wrote:

> | There were changes to the documentation, as such, you need the whole
> | download because the docs are a major part of the package.  And the
> binary
> | you would need anyway as well.  The sample scenes are not that much.
> |
>  When I said "incremental patch", I didn't refer only to the
> executable. There are tools to create a small patch file from a
> directory tree and generate an executable for easy upgrade (for
> example PatchWise Free: http://www.hanmen.com/ ).

Yes, and I explicitly said that you would need the documentation updates and
the application and that the (mostly unchanged) scenes do not take that much
space.  I thought it would be obvious this implies that then the overall
size of such a patch would not be significantly less than the full download
as POV-Ray consists only of the application, the documentation and the
scenes.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde