POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... : Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
From: andrel
Date: 27 Aug 2004 16:56:31
Message: <412F9FB4.4000207@hotmail.com>
I think I agree with Thorsten and Christoph that 3.6 behaviour is
mathematically correct and that 3.5 had a bug/feature.
I think I was a feature as it allowed us to create scenes that
looked like we wanted, eventhough it was based on faulty code.

I don't agree with Thorsten that everbody now has to change
their scenes and that from now on it is de facto forbidden to
use bright objects. Or that at least we are not allowed to
complain if that results in jagged edges.

I do agree with Christoph that some solution has to be found to
counter this unwanted phenomenon. I find his response more
constructive than Thorston's.