POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New version of POV-Ray available? : Re: New version of POV-Ray available? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version of POV-Ray available?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Aug 2004 05:37:14
Message: <4129baca$1@news.povray.org>

<jbe### [at] ifrancecom> wrote:

>  I believe the real point of the question was: "Are the changes from
> 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 really worth the time it will take to download 9.7MB
> with a 56K modem?". I don't know, but this got me wondering if
> perhaps the povray website should also offer incremental patches to
> make for smaller downloads for bugfixes upgrades. What do you think?

There were changes to the documentation, as such, you need the whole
download because the docs are a major part of the package.  And the binary
you would need anyway as well.  The sample scenes are not that much.

And yes, getting a bug fix release is a good idea, even over a 56K modem it
is half an hour well spend downloading compared to having to waste hours
rendering and find there was a bug that made it look odd...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde