POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : (simple?) Isosurface patch request : Re: (simple?) Isosurface patch request Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:49:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (simple?) Isosurface patch request
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 21 Aug 2004 09:07:52
Message: <41274928@news.povray.org>
>> tar xfj povray-3.6.1.tar.bz2
>> ./configure COMPILED_BY=your_name
>> make

> I don't understand this. Does this mean I can download the source, and
> somehow extract some compressed files with the changed code?
No, but you can apply the changes yourself, as they are clearly listed
on Wolfgang's homepage. Do it like that:

1. Download the official 3.6.1 sources from the POV-Ray-website
2. uncompress it using "tar xfj povray-3.6.1.tar.bz2"
3. apply the changes he describes on his webpage (Section "The Patch")
4. Make sure you're in the directory where you uncompressed the sources
to and compile them by doing "./configure COMPILED_BY=your_name"
followed by "make"
5. You have now a compiled version of the patched POV-Ray in the same
directory.

This all assumes you're on Linux/Un*x/etc. Dunno about Windows...

HTH,
Florian