POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I bake UV textures with Povray? : Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
From: Slime
Date: 21 Aug 2004 00:53:02
Message: <4126d52e$1@news.povray.org>
> Wow! I must say that is impressive! Now I do have a program to unwrap a
> mesh, so getting the UV coordinates should be a cinch... so how did you
get
> the texture onto the UV map, or did I just miss the explanation somewhere?

I've posted the source code in povray.binaries.scene-files. You're welcome
to use the macro.

It *does* have severe limitations, but if you need the functionality, it's
there. =)

Actually, I managed to get it about twice as fast by changing the way it
works a little, so it's not so bad anymore. But it's still probably an
overnight render for larger meshes.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]