POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I bake UV textures with Povray? : Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
From: Slime
Date: 20 Aug 2004 21:27:02
Message: <4126a4e6@news.povray.org>
> I'm wondering if there's a way to do this with a (really really
complicated)
> function{}, when the vertex indices, faces, and uv coordinates of the mesh
> are specified as SDL arrays. I'm going to experiment...

I managed to find a solution. Unfortunately, it's really slow (120pps for
768 polygons and gets slower with more polygons). I'm rendering an example
now and I'll show it later.

I've thought of another solution which uses the same principle but isn't
based on functions, so it will probably be a lot faster; I might try that
next.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]