POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Focal point : Re: Focal point Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal point
From: Alain
Date: 19 Aug 2004 17:00:44
Message: <412514fc$1@news.povray.org>
Oleguer Vilella nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 19/08/2004 13:57... :

>Hello Bob,
>
>I'm glad to recibe your news. Yes, I'm getting help here in the group and
>Warp and the other partners were traying to solve my questions.
>About the arrow, please, can you tell me why you put a "y" in the vector?
>I don't know about cars, you said a Subaru Impreza Outback Sport I think
>that's a 4x4. Is it correct? I don't know what's "waterpump" I searched on
>the dictionary but it doesn't appear.

Waterpump: It make the water circulate in an engine to cool it. Separate
it in 2 words: water pump

>Also, I wear eyeglassses, but I haven't got a progressive lenses. I have
>short-sightedness, but I don't use them to read, only with the computer, the
>TV...
>Well, now I'm thinking to do a different background, a cloudy scene, but I
>want to do it differnt than the others that I have, I'm thinking... :)
>
>Best regards,
>Oleguer Vilella

>>right, this is very simple. One way to do it:
>>
>>// double-ended arrow
>>union {
>>cone { +y, 1, +2*y, 0 } // points toward + y (pluses not needed)
>>cylinder { -y, +y, 0.5 } // centered on 0 y
>>cone { -y, 1, -2*y, 0 } // points toward - y
>>pigment {rgb 1}
>>scale 4
>>scale <1,2,1>
>>rotate <0,0,-180>
>>translate <200, -20, 0>
>>}

The "y" can be used as a shorthand for: <0,1,0>
In this case, it make your arrow vertical around the y axis, centered at
the origin.

Alain