POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New version of POV-Ray available? : Re: New version of POV-Ray available? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:07:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version of POV-Ray available?
From: Eli
Date: 18 Aug 2004 18:03:30
Message: <4123d232$1@news.povray.org>
3.5 already is a really good piece of software.
Actually it seems to be a bit more stable than 3.6, but 3.6 is much better
with photons for example.

If you want to do really cool stuff, all versions of pov-ray will be fine.
If you want to do the latest things you can use 3.6. For experimental stuff
try megapov :)