POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary : Re: POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary
From: Ken
Date: 18 Aug 2004 09:56:04
Message: <41235ff4@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote in message
> POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary
>
> It was ten years ago today - on 18 August 1994 - that the POVRAY.ORG domain
> was registered. We've been on the internet continuously since then. Back in
> those days it was fairly unusual for a free software project to have its own
> domain and/or server and the logistics of setting one up were entirely different
> than they are now.
>
> The POV-Team would like to extend its thanks to all those who have helped to
> make this happen, including Jack Velte of Walnut Creek CDROM for providing our
> original hosting, Jordan Hubbard and the FreeBSD folks for early support and
> the immensely stable OS we run on, Digimark for providing DNS for all this time,
> and Netplex Internet for providing fast and reliable hosting for many years and
> generally being darn cool folks.
>
> -- Chris Cason

And I would like to extend my thanks to you, Chris. Few people know the tireless
dedication
and hard work you perform in keeping this website up and running and all the hardships
you
have suffered along the way. You have brought great joy to many people, not only in
keeping
the povray.org site up and running all this time, but also in keeping POV-Ray itself
alive. Were
it not for povray.org, POV-Ray itself would be a mere shadow of what it is today, and
we owe
that all to you.

My hat is off to you, Sir!

Ken Tyler