POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sound in 3d space? : Re: Sound in 3d space? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sound in 3d space?
From: Rune
Date: 16 Aug 2004 16:02:53
Message: <412112ed$1@news.povray.org>
ingo wrote:
> There is a java language binding for OpenAL, this means you can keep
> programming Java and use OpenAL:
> https://joal.dev.java.net/

This is interesting. Right now I can't get it to work though, since it can't
"find" the library. I've placed it in the working directory as well as in
d:\windows, d:\windows\system and d:\windows\system32 but to no avail. I
can't find a solution on the net either. :/

> A more complex option would be to use CSound http://www.csounds.com/

This does look rather complex.

> A non-free but cheap option could be to use QSound
> http://www.qsound.com/2002/
> They have a tool that to put a sound in certain position in space
> http://www.3dsoundstore.com/www-3dsoundstore-com/product-qcreator.asp
> But I doubt that it can be used for more than one sound at a time.

I might look into this later.

Thanks a lot for the links!

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com