POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about $ for declare? : Re: How about $ for declare? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about $ for declare?
From: Groucho
Date: 16 Aug 2004 10:35:24
Message: <4120c62c$1@news.povray.org>
I agree that what a language needs is legibility. From my point of view, C++
lost that long time ago ... but this is a different history.

Talking about legibility, I would like to know why the directives sitll need
the simbol #. I know that they are interpreted during parsing time and so on
but I think that many of our scenes have more lines beginning with # than
the opposite. Belive me, with some keyboards, it is a difficult symbol.

Why not writing:
declare i=0;
while (i<10)
    sphere {(0,0,i) i/2}
    i=i+1;
end

There should be many problems for the interpreter?

Thx,
Groucho