POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sound in 3d space? : Sound in 3d space? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:00 EDT (-0400)
  Sound in 3d space?
From: Rune
Date: 16 Aug 2004 05:55:49
Message: <412084a5@news.povray.org>
I'd like to have sound effects in my animations. I'd like it to be stereo
sound. I'd like to specify a point in 3d space from where a sound effect is
emitted. This point, as well as the camera, may move *while* the sound is
playing, and it should result in corresponding change in loudness and pan
(left/right) of the sound. I need hundreds of such sounds in my scene, so
doing it manually is not an option.

Is there some way to do it automatically?

I could do a lot of conversions myself, such as converting the 3d points to
panning and loudness values. The thing I can't do is to generate a sound
file from some input description format.

The input sounds would just be mono sound files in some format.

Are there any freeware tools that could do what I want?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com