POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Problems with Mega POV : Re: Problems with Mega POV Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with Mega POV
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Aug 2004 03:37:23
Message: <411b1e33@news.povray.org>
In article <web.411a9c2ae3c5808bade0f9ae0@news.povray.org> , "noen"
<noe### [at] asarian-hostorg> wrote:

> thank you bob, you're the only one here who has treated me courteously,
> megapov version .7 seems to only work with pov version 3.1,

Well, the first reply you got already told you to use POV-Ray 3.5 and to
describe your problem more precisely if that does not help.  You did state
your problem in another, longer post, but again made no mention of the
version of POV-Ray you tried to add MegaPOV to.  So you got another reply
from someone else telling you that versions of MegaPOV older than 1.0 need
POV-Ray 3.1.  Obviously 0.7 is an older version than 1.0.  Yet, as reply you
really managed to post that you are still trying to use POV-Ray 3.6.

> contrary to
> what others have said

That is simply not true.

> - i have deleted pov and have no intention of ever
> using it again -

Sorry, but if you are unable to follow the most trivial instructions, you
should not be using POV-Ray.  As you have demonstrated in all your posts you
do not want to read or follow instructions that would have helped you,
POV-Ray would have been useless for you.  You could not have used POV-Ray
without reading the manual anyway!!!

Apart from that, as a new users maybe you should have tried to get started
with the official POV-Ray in the first place, rather than installing some
experimental patch version?

> if i am going to have to run the gauntlet every time i ask
> a question i'm not interested

Learn to read the answers you get before you complain!  If you just ignore
them, then continue to do exactly the opposite of what you are told in no
uncertain terms, what do you expect?  You can be happy people did not just
ignore you and your selfmade problem like you ignored their helpful replies
so many times!!!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde